Job Specialists are the heart of the Jobs for Mississippi Graduates program. During formal and informal contact with program participants, Specialists use a variety of tools and techniques to overcome the barriers that stand between the student and graduation. During student contact, Specialists seek to help students:
- Improve self-esteem
- Improve self-confidence
- Rekindle interest in learning
- Reverse the continuing cycle of failure
- Obtain the knowledge and tools needed to achieve success in school and in life, in general
- Risk new relationships that will benefit them in the long run
- Understand that success – personal, school, family and career – is attainable.
For more information on how to become a Job Specialist for Jobs for Mississippi Graduates, call 601-978-1711.